Goal: Students will learn how to inspect the HVAC system, including heating, cooling, and fireplaces. The course includes a review of the components of common HVAC systems that may present during a residential inspection, including warm-air, hydronic, steam, and electrical heating systems, air condition systems and heat pump systems.
After completing course requirements, the student will be able to:
- Inspect the heating system and related components.
- Inspect the cooling system and related components.
- Inspect the fireplace, solid-fuel burning appliances and chimneys.
- Identify and describe each system and related components of the heating, cooling and fireplace systems.
- Describe to clients the defects observed in the heating, cooling and fireplace systems.
Training topics to include:
- Inspection tools
- Inspection procedure
- InterNACHI® standards of practice
- Introduction to HVAC
- Heat fundamentals
- Identify and describe heating systems
- Gas, gas meters and gas pipes
- Combustion fundamentals
- Furnace fundamentals
- Warm-air heating systems
- High-efficiency heat exchangers
- Heating systems
- Hot Water
- Air conditioning
- Heat pumps
- Air cleaners and filters
Course Additional Information
Included with your NETI experience:
- Breakfast and lunch provided (TBD)
No classes scheduled at this time.